What do I do to start the buying process?
Buying Your First Home Should Be Fun
First Time Home Buyers Tax Credit
How do you qualify?
First-time Home Buyers' Tax Credit
In order to be eligible for the First-time Home Buyers' Tax Credit, your HOME must meet the following requirements:
- Be a single, semi, townhouse, mobile home, condo, or apartment
- Be within Canada
- Be an existing or new home
- Can include a share in a co-operative housing corporation that gives you possession of the home
- You must intend to occupy the home within one year of purchase
- You or your spouse must purchase a qualifying home
- The home must be registered in either your name or your spouse's name
- You cannot have owned a home in the previous four years
- You cannot have lived in a home owned by your spouse in the previous four years
- You must present documents supporting the purchase of the home